The cast will also include Lisa Joyce, Penelope Allen, two-time Tony winner Stephen Spinella, Glenn Fitzgerald, Harris Yulin, Austin Jones, Jim Broaddus, Scott Parkinson and Daniel Morgan Shelley. Show Closed This production ended its run on May 10, 2015 Related Shows William Shakespeare’s iconic revenge tragedy finds Prince Hamlet consumed with grief and determined to avenge his father’s apparent murder, with devastating consequences for his family and the kingdom. View Comments Peter Sarsgaard will begin performances as the titular sweet prince in Hamlet on March 27. Directed by Austin Pendleton, the production will play a limited engagement through May 10 at Classic Stage Company off-Broadway. Opening night is set for April 15. Hamlet
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Listen back to “The Midday Report” from Monday February 11th
(Photo credit: ThinkstockPhotos)Florida residents might want to start waking up a little earlier for work.State demographers have released a report that Florida’s population will reach an estimated 22 million residents as soon as 2022.Forecasts released earlier this month by the Demographic Estimating Conference have accumulated that Florida will gain an average of 330,000 people a year over the next five years.With 21.3 million residents, Florida is currently the nation’s third most populous state. It currently trails only California and Texas.The U.S. Census Bureau said Florida had the second-largest population increase in 2018, growing by more than 322,000 residents. Only Texas had larger growth by adding 379,000 residents.The bureau uses a different counting method from the Demographic Estimating Conference in Florida.“The Florida demographers says most of the growth to the Sunshine States is coming from people moving to Florida as opposed to a natural increase from births.” Via- Associated Press.
By John BurtonRED BANK — Brett Sabo wanted to make one thing clear when she sat down to talk about her involvement with Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.“We’re not against the Second Amendment,” she stressed, explaining the group doesn’t oppose legal gun ownership.“What we would like to see,” she continued, is universal background checks and the closing of some existing legal loopholes that allows gun purchasers to circumvent that requirement, as well as preventing those on the federal terrorist watch list and no-fly list from being able to readily access firearms.“It’s really just too easy for dangerous people to get them (guns),” she said.Sabo, a former English and theater teacher, lives in Red Bank with her husband, James, and 10-year-old son Evan. She and Evan attended the candlelight vigil borough officials held on June 15 in response to the Orlando shooting that resulted in 49 gun deaths and about another 50 wounded, presenting Mayor Pasquale Menna with a T-shirt for Sabo’s organization.She used to teach in Harlem, New York, and her husband retired from teaching in the Bronx.But it was the San Bernardino, California, terrorist mass shooting where 14 people were killed and 22 others seriously wounded last December, when she decided she had to do something.“I remember watching the news coverage,” of that horrific event, after so many other similar horrific events, she noted, remembering hearing a parent, Richard Martinez, speak about his child, one of the victims. “I remember feeling very lucky,” that no friend or family member had been involved in one of these terrible incidents. “But I thought it was only a matter of time before someone I knew would be affected.“And I wanted to get involved.”And that led her to join the national Moms Demand Action group, where she now serves as campaign lead for the New Jersey chapter.Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America now counts about 3.5 million members across the country, with more than 1,000 in New Jersey. “There is strength in numbers,” she said.Stay-at-home mom Shannon Watts founded the group in the immediate aftermath of the ghastly December 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, in Newtown, Connecticut.The group used as a model Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD), organizing grassroots efforts to effect political change from government, educational institutions and businesses to bring about what they call common sense gun reforms. Since 2013 the organization joined forces with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a group that benefited from Bloomberg’s media reach and financial support.What deeply affected Sabo after the Sandy Hook shooting was, “If kids weren’t safe in their classrooms,” she explained, “they weren’t safe anywhere.”There is a new normal that has affected her personally. Recently a parent invited Sabo’s son to her home to play with her child. That prompted Sabo to ask as a precaution if there were guns in the home and if they were secure. “It’s always in my thoughts now,” she said.Currently about 90 Americans a day are killed by guns, she said.As a local representative for the organization Sabo testified before the state Legislature in Trenton in support of a bill that would have toughened the law requiring those convicted of domestic violence to relinquish any guns they own, which was a moment of pride for her, voicing the organization’s point of view.After watching the U.S. Senate’s vote this week on four gun measures in the aftermath of the Orlando shooting, with none passing, she said, “We were disappointed but not surprised.”But there is something positive to take away from it. It took Congress four months to take any action. Now it took four days, progress of a sort, she said.Besides, “It really told us where our senators stand,” Sabo noted, “and tells us what we need to do come November.”
Tim Whittier, executive director of Southern California Rehabilitation Services in Downey, also approached the commission for funding. The program provides independent-living services for people with disabilities. Last year, it received $6,000 in block grant money. Whittier has requested the same amount for the coming fiscal year, he said. “Pico Rivera is a wonderful supporter of ours,” he said. Next month, city officials will finalize a list of grantees. The list will go to the City Council in April for final approval. CDBG money will be doled out to selected nonprofits in July, officials said. [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3024160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The Crossroads Project, a gang intervention and rehabilitation program, is one of the local nonprofits seeking CDBG funding. In October, the city provided a $10,000 grant to the program, but the project could use an additional $30,000 in federal funds, said Paul Carrillo, program director for The Crossroads Project. “I feel good about it,” he said after his presentation. “We’ve had nothing but support.” Groups applying for the funding must have projects or programs that benefit the city’s low- or moderate-income residents. Or they must be involved in eliminating blight in the community, said Jeff Brauckmann, head of the community development department. Being based in Pico Rivera in not a prerequisite for funding, he added. “We look at how they would service the \ community,” Lupo said. PICO RIVERA – A dozen local nonprofit groups and projects – including a veterans’ services group, a gang-intervention program, and drug and alcohol treatment programs – are vying for a share of nearly $1 million in federal funding the city will dole later this year. Representatives from several of the organizations made their pitches for the Community Development Block Grant funding Wednesday before the city’s Community Resources Advisory Commission. For fiscal year 2007-08, the city has $947,218 in CDBG grants to provide to nonprofit groups and agencies serving city residents. Officials are looking to spread the money around. But some applicants might not get funding. “Our goal is to assist all of these nonprofits,” said Community Development Department Coordinator Christina Lupo. “We will explore all our options before we present our final decisions on who is going to be funded.”
QPR youngster Frankie Sutherland has moved to Portsmouth on loan.Sutherland, 19, has joined the League One club for an initial month with a view to extending his stay.The midfielder’s proposed loan move to Fratton Park in November fell through because the deal was not completed by the deadline.Rangers were keen for Sutherland, Michael Harriman, Tom Hitchcock and Max Ehmer to go out on loan early this year in order to play first-team football.Harriman recently joined Wycombe and Hitchcock Bristol Rovers, while Ehmer has been touted among Championship and leading League One clubs as he has already had spells with Yeovil and Preston.Meanwhile, QPR are on the verge of a deal to sign Yann M’Vila from Rennes.See also:QPR youngster’s proposed loan move to Portsmouth collapsesQPR plan to send more players out on loanYTo4OntzOjk6IndpZGdldF9pZCI7czoyMDoid3lzaWphLW5sLTEzNTI0NjE4NjkiO3M6NToibGlzdHMiO2E6MTp7aTowO3M6MToiMyI7fXM6MTA6Imxpc3RzX25hbWUiO2E6MTp7aTozO3M6MjI6Ildlc3QgTG9uZG9uIFNwb3J0IGxpc3QiO31zOjEyOiJhdXRvcmVnaXN0ZXIiO3M6MTc6Im5vdF9hdXRvX3JlZ2lzdGVyIjtzOjEyOiJsYWJlbHN3aXRoaW4iO3M6MTM6ImxhYmVsc193aXRoaW4iO3M6Njoic3VibWl0IjtzOjMzOiJTdWJzY3JpYmUgdG8gb3VyIGRhaWx5IG5ld3NsZXR0ZXIiO3M6Nzoic3VjY2VzcyI7czoyODM6IlRoYW5rIHlvdSEgUGxlYXNlIGNoZWNrIHlvdXIgaW5ib3ggaW4gb3JkZXIgdG8gY29uZmlybSB5b3VyIHN1YnNjcmlwdGlvbi4gSWYgeW91IGRvbid0IHNlZSBhbiBlLW1haWwgZnJvbSB1cywgY2hlY2sgeW91ciBzcGFtIGZvbGRlci4gSWYgeW91IHN0aWxsIGhhdmVuJ3QgcmVjZWl2ZWQgYSBjb25maXJtYXRpb24gbWVzc2FnZSwgcGxlYXNlIGUtbWFpbCBmZWVkYmFja0B3ZXN0bG9uZG9uc3BvcnQuY29tIGFuZCB0ZWxsIHVzIHlvdSB3aXNoIHRvIHN1YnNjcmliZSB0byBvdXIgbmV3c2xldHRlci4iO3M6MTI6ImN1c3RvbWZpZWxkcyI7YToxOntzOjU6ImVtYWlsIjthOjE6e3M6NToibGFiZWwiO3M6NToiRW1haWwiO319fQ== Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
The first shot was Thompson navigating around a Draymond Green screen off a pass from Curry.Great … The Warriors’ backcourt duo has done it countless times before.But Monday night’s Steph Curry-Klay Thompson 9-0 run was the biggest of their careers.With 3:05 left in Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Raptors coach Nick Nurse took not one but two timeouts to set his team up for the stretch run, leading by six in a closeout game.Two minutes and five seconds later, Toronto trailed by three.
Qantas is on track to record the most dramatic turnaround in aviation history after the airline today, announced an underlying profit of $367 million, for the six months to December 31 – a stark contrast to the $2.84 billion loss for the financial year ending June 30 2014. In more good news, analysts predict that the best is yet to come, with a full year profit topping $1 billion as the full impact of lower fuel costs hit the bottom line.The result which vindicates the polices of Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce, has been driven by the Transformation Restructuring Program, an end to the domestic price and capacity war, and lower fuel prices.While the lower fuel prices means greater profit for Qantas, analysts say that their full year profit predictions assume half the gain will be passed onto passengers in lower fares.The stunning reversal of fortune is expected to lead to a return to dividends for shareholders and an order for up to 30 Boeing 787 Dream liners to re-equip and expand the international fleet. Suggested Read: Our review of Qantas’s new Domestic Business ClassQantas said that the main contributors to the profit were: The transformation program $374 million; $208 million reduce depreciation; $162 million increased revenue per ASK; $59 million from the removal of the carbon tax and $33 million lower fuel prices.Unit costs were down 4.8 per cent and revenue was up $2.1 per cent to $8.1 billion.The Group is now targeting $675 million of transformation benefits in financial year 2015, up from the previous target of $600 million. Combined with the $204 million in benefits realised in financial year 2014, this will result in total benefits of at least $875 million by 30 June 2015.All operating segments of the Qantas Group were profitable in the half, at an Underlying Earnings Before Interest and Tax level.All business units returned to the black including the international division.Leading the profit charge were: Domestic with underlying EBIT of $227 million; Qantas International $59 million; Jetstar $81 million; Frequent Flyer program $160 million and Qantas Freight $54 millionQantas CEO Alan Joyce said the result showed that the Group was executing the right plan with discipline and speed.“The decisive factor in our best half-year result for four years was our complete focus on the Qantas Transformation program,” Mr Joyce said.“It’s clear that without the impact of transformation, we would not be announcing a profit today.”“Our people have worked hard and made a huge contribution to bring about the change we need. They deserve great credit for this result.”“What sets this transformation apart is that we are reducing costs permanently while at the same time delivering Qantas’ best ever fleet, product and service.”“We are meeting or exceeding all our targets as we build a sustainable future for Qantas with an emphasis on growing long-term shareholder value.”“Our financial position is significantly stronger because of the actions we’ve taken, and we are giving Qantas a solid foundation for growth in earnings.”
BRAND South Africa is playing a significant role in creating a competive country economy – identifying strengths that support trade, investments and partnerships across the continent. Read more [1.2Mb, PPTX file]