Nottingham to Nottingham Travel Bug Race

first_imgShare with your Friends:More Trackable Week presents a new story Monday through Friday this week about creative ways to experience Trackables. Geocaching.com Trackables allow people to tag and track an item from geocache to geocache. Trackables typically come in three varieties, Geocoins, Travel Bugs® or Promotional Trackables like the Find the Gecko, Geico campaign. (Watch a video on Travel Bugs)See the bottom of this article for a place a share your Trackable stories, links to other Trackable stories and a limited time special offer for 30% of individual orders of Travel Bugs this week only (US costumers only). Check out Monday’s installment for Trackable Week: Nottingham to Nottingham Travel Bug Race By Kelly RanckThe geocaching community is becoming larger every day, but the global community is using geocaching to make our world increasingly smaller.EyeD1OT 4th2, U.S. Travel Bug competitorTake the Travel Bug, for example. Grab a small item, attach it to a Trackable keychain, assign it a destination and watch it travel across the globe as it is passed from geocacher to geocacher, most of whom are strangers to one another.As a way of bringing the geocaching community ever closer, Jacaru and Balrgn have created a Travel Bug race. The race challenges cachers to send Travel Bugs between Nottingham, United Kingdom and Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States. They organized a race which began over the weekend. It involves more than 90 Travel Bugs.According to Jacaru, the originator of the race, “It came about as I had been thinking that it would be good to organize a race between Nottingham here in the UK and another one abroad. We could then become the geocaching equivalent of twin towns.”Jacaru emailed a few geocachers in the Nottingham, U.S. area with his idea. Balrgn responded that he would gladly like to help out. Both geocachers worked with local reviewers to establish a Travel Bug hotel cache in each location.Cameron Tiede2, UK Travel Bug competitorThese Travel Bug hotel caches are the starting and finishing points for the race. They then started contacting local geocachers and asking whether they would like to enter a TB into the race. According to Jacaru, “Word soon got round and I had quite a few locals wanting to participate. The same happened over in New Hampshire.” By race day, they expect about 30 entrants from both locations.The organizers have created a Nottingham to Nottingham Travel Bug race blog where, once the launch promotional events finish and the two hotels go live, owners will be able to track their Travel Bugs as they race across the globe.“Entrants can go and find the hotel as a normal cache and pick up a bug. However, they cannot pick up their own bug,” says Jacaru. “The first bug to arrive at the UK hotel, and vice versa will win its owner a new specially designed Geocoin, only two of these coins have been made.”Nottingham, New Hampshire, U.S.Notthingham, UKFor more information, Jacaru and Balrgn have also created a Facebook page, where geocachers will receive weekly updates on the race.“This is turning into an exciting race that has really taken shape now and inspired people to join in,” says Jacaru.This is just one of the many examples of the ways in which geocachers are working to creatively build the geocaching community and promote involvement, with a hint of friendly competition.Quick tip alert: If you are racing several bugs at once, check out this helpful hint in our Knowledge Books. It gives you a code so that you can view the status of all of your TravelBugs on the same page.Click on the image for a 30% savings on orders of Travel Bugs (U.S. customers only)Additional Trackable Stories:Watch a soldier receive a Travel Bug tattoo.Read about a Travel Bug Rescue program.Share your Trackable storiescenter_img SharePrint RelatedBecome Trackable on Geocaching.com – Tattoos to Travel BugsSeptember 13, 2011In “Community”Trackable EtiquetteNovember 24, 2010In “Learn”The Center of the Trackable UniverseSeptember 15, 2011In “Community”last_img read more

LOOK: Cristiano Ronaldo introduces his twins

first_imgRobredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Real Madrid footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has welcomed “two new loves of my life.” Ronaldo, 32, shared a photo of him cradling his nurslings, who were born from a surrogate mother, on his social media pages on Thursday. Although Ronaldo has yet to confirm his twins’ identities, Portuguese news sites revealed that the twin boy was named Mateo, while the girl was named Eva, according to TMZ.“So happy to be able to hold the two new loves of my life,” he captioned his photo.His first son, Cristiano Jr., was also born from a surrogate mother in 2010. Coincidentally, Ronaldo’s girlfriend, model Georgina Rodriguez, is gossiped to be expecting a child as well. Gianna Francesca Catolico /raRELATED STORIESCristiano Ronaldo won’t quit Real Madrid – bossRonaldo hits milestone as Portugal sink New ZealandADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend ‘Spectacular’ Ronaldo revels in Madrid’s dream finaleSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments LATEST STORIES LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Riveracenter_img China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong ADVERTISEMENT Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Tennis star Venus Williams allegedly ‘at fault’ in fatal car crash MOST READ What ‘missteps’? Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucenalast_img read more

Prasad’s new job

first_imgLawyer-turned-politician Ravi Shankar Prasad of the Bharatiya Janata Party has been elevated as the new deputy leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha in place of S.S. Ahluwalia.His elevation is likely to liven up House proceedings as he will be pitted against Rajiv Shukla, minister of state for parliamentary affairs. However, some could see this as a family matter too. Prasad’s sister is married to Shukla.last_img

a month agoSouthampton lose Moussa Djenepo for Bournemouth clash

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Southampton lose Moussa Djenepo for Bournemouth clashby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveSouthampton will be without live-wire Moussa Djenepo for their clash with rivals Bournemouth.The Mali international has scored two stunning goals for Saints this season following his switch from Standard Liege.”Nathan could train this week with the team. This is a good message how far he is and if he really can play tomorrow I haven’t decided so far but it’s good he’s back because Moussa is out. He cannot play,” said Hasenhuttl.”After a few sessions this week he felt a little bit more his muscles so we don’t want to take this risk so we leave him out tomorrow.”I don’t know if I can grab Nathan for the position. I haven’t decided so far.” last_img read more

8 days ago​Man Utd blocked Mourinho from signing Boateng for bargain price

first_img​Man Utd blocked Mourinho from signing Boateng for bargain priceby Ansser Sadiq8 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United did not allow then boss Jose Mourinho to sign Jerome Boateng from Bayern Munich.Mourinho was desperate for an experienced centre-half in what would end up being his final summer window at the club.Boateng was among the names discussed near the end of that transfer window, but United blocked any deal.The Athletic reveals that United looked at software that assessed Boateng’s game and showed a decline in performances, along with significant injury problems.It meant that a possible £13.1 million transfer was axed.The data showed that Boateng was not fit enough to perform at his best level for the full 90 minutes, as he was making fewer tackles and running significantly less in the latter parts of games. TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Michigan Fan Finds Way To Troll Both Ohio State And Michigan State In 1 Sign

first_imgMichigan's band playing on the field.ANN ARBOR, MI – NOVEMBER 4: The Michigan Marching Band performs during the NCAA football game between the Ball State Cardinals and the Michigan Wolverines on November 4, 2006 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Michigan won 34-26. (Photo by Brian Bahr/Getty Images)ESPN’s College GameDay is in Ann Arbor this morning ahead of Michigan’s big rivalry game with Michigan State, but one fan wasn’t content to come up with a sign that just trolls the Spartans. No, he also had to include Ohio State too.In the below sign, shown on television Saturday morning, a Wolverines supporter pokes fun at both Ohio State’s schedule and Michigan State’s academics. Pretty clever.You can see more signs from GameDay here.last_img

BC government launches Community Benefits Agreement for publicsector infrastructure projects

first_img“We continue to work with Indigenous groups and women in trades to expand apprenticeship and employment opportunities,” said Sigurdson. “Under a Community Benefits Agreement, these initiatives will translate directly into apprenticeship completions, which, in turn, will allow B.C. residents to support their families, to invest in their communities, and to build the B.C. economy.”The Independent Contractors and Businesses Association meanwhile denounced the government’s announcement. ICBA President Chris Gardner held a press conference immediately following the Premier’s announcement.“For years, John Horgan has promised his political allies in the old-fashioned Building Trades unions that he would tilt the playing field in their favour. Today, it appears he will try and force that to happen through a restrictive and regressive PLA model for tendering government projects,” said Gardner. “Unfortunately for the taxpayers paying for provincial projects, this will mean much higher costs and it will give 15 percent of the construction workforce – the ones who gave millions of dollars to the NDP – a monopoly on work.” The Province says that the Agreement will implement a targeted approach to maximizing apprenticeship opportunities on major public infrastructure projects, with a focus on priority hiring and training of Indigenous workers and women.The government also says that priority hiring will be given to qualified individuals who live within close proximity of the projects, while contractors will be given flexibility by requesting named hires.The first projects to be delivered under the new community benefits framework are the new Pattullo Bridge and the four-laning projects on the Trans-Canada Highway between Kamloops and Alberta.“British Columbians deserve the opportunity to work on major government projects being built in and near their communities,” said Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure. “This Community Benefits Agreement will put local people first in line for good jobs building the roads, bridges and other infrastructure we need.”Signatories to the Community Benefits Agreement are BCIB, and the Allied Infrastructure and Related Construction Council, which represents many of B.C.’s building trades. The government also said that contractors representing B.C.’s construction industry played an important advisory role as the agreement was developed.The government’s announcement was received with praise from B.C. Building Trades Council executive director Tom Sigurdson, who spoke about the positives of Community Benefits Agreements during a keynote presentation to the Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce earlier this year. BURNABY, B.C. – B.C. Premier John Horgan announced today that the provincial government has launched a new Community Benefits Agreement landmark agreement for key public-sector infrastructure projects in B.C.At a press conference at BCIT’s Ironworkers Training Campus in Burnaby, Horgan also announced that the Province has launched BC Infrastructure Benefits Inc. – a new Crown Corporation that will oversee public construction projects in B.C. Transportation Minister Claire Trevena was named as the minister responsible for BCIB.“British Columbians rightfully expect B.C. projects to benefit B.C. workers, families and communities. Our new Community Benefits Agreement will help deliver those benefits,” said Premier John Horgan. “With this agreement, we’re not just investing in roads, bridges and other infrastructure, we’re investing in good jobs and new opportunities for people who live in B.C. And with our focus on expanding apprenticeships for young British Columbians, we’re helping build B.C.’s next generation of construction workers.”last_img read more

City cancels evacuation alert for Sewage Lagoons

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John has rescinded the evacuation alert for the City’s South Sewage Lagoons.The alert was issued on October 10 as a precautionary measure due to the proximity of the area to the Peace River Regional District Evacuation Orders.The Peace River Regional District also downgraded some areas of the Old Fort from an evacuation order to an evacuation alert. The majority of the community remains under an evacuation order.last_img

Province sets up Task Force to help strengthen BCs agriculture sector

first_imgThe three-member task force, led by Peter Dhillon, chair, with Arvind Gupta and Lenore Newman as members, will assess and provide strategic advice on opportunities to apply agri-technologies, expand the emerging agritech industry, and increase access to fresh and healthy food.The Task Force will speak with stakeholder groups and provide a final report to the ministers of Agriculture and Jobs, Trade and Technology by December 31, 2019.Public comments and engagement can be made online by visiting the Province’s website. SURREY, B.C. – The Province of British Columbia has set up a Food Security Task Force to find new ways to use technology and innovation to strengthen B.C.’s agriculture sector.According to Minister of Agriculture, Lana Popham, the Task Force will look at new ways to help farmers expand production and develop thriving businesses.“By helping farmers put more B.C. farmland into production, our government is supporting the province’s agricultural industry and strengthening food security for all British Columbians. We are always looking for new ideas as we continue to help farmers produce more, grow new crops and develop thriving businesses. I know the task force will identify further innovations to support the sector and I’m looking forward to receiving their recommendations.”last_img read more

2 held for forcibly shutting meat shops in Gurugram

first_imgGurugram: The Gurugram Police on Sunday arrested two persons under the Arms Act and filed FIRs against 40 others for allegedly forcing meat traders to shut their shops by brandishing weapons on Saturday citing ChaitraNavaratri. Two arrested persons have been identified as Rakesh alias Chikka and Pramod Singh of the Hindu Sena, both resident of Dundehera in Gurugram, a police official said on Sunday. “They have been booked under IPC sections of 148, 149 and 506 for threatening shop owners with dire consequences for opening their shops and marching on streets holding baton, hockey sticks, swords and iron rods in their hands,” said Sumer Singh, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, West Zone. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe accused also pulled down shutters of many shops, he added. “We will produce them in the court and urge for a police remand to recover the said arms and identify other accused,” said Singh. Despite the model code of conduct in place, around 200 Hindu Sena activists assembled at lord Shiva temple on Old Railway Road on Saturday and marched to different locations aiming to close meat shops. They toured sector 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 21, 22, Palam Vihar, Badshahpur, Om Vihar, Surat Nagar, Sadar Bazar, Anaj Mandi Dhanwapur, Dundahera, Molaheda, Sikandarpur and many other places in Gurugram and forcibly shut over 180 shops. About 50 per cent owners of meat shop had kept it shut to avoid any unwanted situation. Meanwhile, Ritu Raj, chief of the Hindu Sena, said the Hindu organisations would continue with their efforts throughout the Navaratri as opening of meat shops during the festival could hurt religious sentiments of Hindus.last_img read more