Alleged clip of missing J&K boy put up online

first_imgParents of Ehtesham Bilal, 19 — who went missing on October 28 but reappeared on Friday in an online post, wielding weapons under the Islamic State banner — asked their son to return home and appealed to Ansar Ghazwat-ul-Hind chief Zakir Musa to help them.Distraught and refusing to take meals, Bilal’s mother appealed to her son to shun the militant outfit. “Whatever group you have joined, please return. I appeal to Zakir Musa and will pray for his long life, help me in returning my son,” she said in a video.Bilal, who was a student at Sharda University in Noida was reported missing on October 28by his parents. His father, who owns a hardware shop in Srinagar, expressed shock over his son’s purported audio message,where he pledges allegiance to the IS-motivated Jundul Khilafah and to IS’s Iraq-based leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi.“I heard your audio message. You talk about Islam. Islam says heaven lies under the feet of mother. Islam warns against disobedience to your parents. I order you to return to your family, Your mother hasn’t eaten anything [since you went missing],” he said.On Friday, a six-minute audio, attributed to Bilal, and pictures, where he was wielding a gun and weapons strapped with an IS flag in the backdrop, were uploaded on social media. “I was looking into the eyes of those 100 kufaars (non-Muslims) when they attacked me in groups like dogs. I was defending my Afghan muslim brothers. I was even then an advocate of khilaf (Islamic State)…and have chosen the path of jihad,” Bilal purportedly says in the audio.He was apparently referring to a clash that took place between local and Afghan students at Sharda University on October 4. A senior counter-insurgency police officer told The Hindu that Bilal has joined militant ranks and his movement was traced to Srinagar and Pulwama. “We are investigating the matter,” the officer said.National Conference vice-president Omar Abdullah described the development as “a worrying trend”.“If this is genuine, it’s hugely worrying. Sometimes, seemingly small actions have huge consequences. If what happened to him at Sharda University has led him to choose such a destructive path, it’s even more tragic. One more life on the path to ruin and one more family in turmoil,” Mr. Abdullah tweeted.last_img read more

Hacky hack hack Australia teen breaches Apples secure network

first_imgPolice reportedly raided the boy’s home last year and found hacking files and instructions saved in a folder called ‘hacky hack hack’ Explore further This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. A schoolboy who “dreamed” of working for Apple hacked the firm’s computer systems, Australian media has reported, although the tech giant said Friday no customer data was compromised. © 2018 AFPcenter_img Apple fined millions for Australia false iPhone claims The Children’s Court of Victoria was told the teenager broke into Apple’s mainframe—a large, powerful data processing system—from his home in the suburbs of Melbourne and downloaded 90GB of secure files, The Age reported late Thursday.The boy, then aged 16, accessed the system multiple times over a year as he was a fan of Apple and had “dreamed of” working for the US firm, the newspaper said, citing his lawyer.Apple said in a statement Friday that its teams “discovered the unauthorised access, contained it, and reported the incident to law enforcement”.The firm, which earlier this month became the first private-sector company to surpass US$1 trillion in market value, said it wanted “to assure our customers that at no point during this incident was their personal data compromised”.An international investigation was launched after the discovery involving the FBI and the Australian Federal Police, The Age reported.The federal police said it could not comment on the case as it is still before the court. The Age said police raided the boy’s home last year and found hacking files and instructions saved in a folder called “hacky hack hack”.”Two Apple laptops were seized and the serial numbers matched the serial numbers of the devices which accessed the internal systems,” a prosecutor was reported as saying. A mobile phone and hard drive were also seized whose IP address matched those detected in the breaches, he added.The teen has pleaded guilty and the case is due to return to court for his sentencing next month. Citation: ‘Hacky hack hack’: Australia teen breaches Apple’s secure network (2018, August 17) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-08-hacky-hack-australia-teen-breaches.htmllast_img read more

Trumps Pentagon pick says he wont be bullied into making stupid decisions

first_img {{category}} {{time}} {{title}} Senator Angus King, a political independent from Maine who caucuses with Senate Democrats, responded by explaining why the top U.S. military officer must feel empowered to correct a president or explain something that ran counter to the president’s desired course of action.Milley replied by saying he and other Pentagon leaders, including Marine General Joseph Dunford, the current chairman of the Joint Chiefs, had seen a lot of combat and knew the costs of war.”We’ve buried these soldiers. Arlington (National Cemetery) is full of our comrades,” he told King at the hearing.”We know what this is about and we are not going to be intimidated into making stupid decisions. We will give our best military advice regardless of consequences to (ourselves).”Milley is widely respected among Democrats and Republicans in Congress and is seen easily winning Senate confirmation. U.S. officials also say he has a good rapport with Trump, who first announced his plans to nominate Milley last year, months earlier than expected.TENSIONS WITH IRANMilley would take over as the Pentagon’s top military officer at a time when critics in Congress are accusing Trump of politicizing the military, including with his deployment of U.S. troops to the Mexico border.It also comes as tensions simmer with Iran. Last month, Iran shot down a U.S. drone near the Strait of Hormuz, prompting Trump to order retaliatory air strikes, only to call them off.In the hearing, Milley declined to discuss military planning on Iran but dismissed a question from a Republican senator who asked whether there was any discussions of sending 150,000 U.S. troops to counter Iran.”I don’t think anyone is seriously considering anything approaching” that figure, he replied.Three Iranian vessels tried to block a British-owned tanker passing through the strait that controls the flow of Middle East oil to the world, but backed off when confronted by a Royal Navy warship, Britain said on Thursday.Milley said there appeared to be an attempt by small naval vessels to “take over” a British commercial vessel.”Freedom of navigation is a fundamental principle and a norm for the international order that has been in place now for seven decades, and we have a crucial role to enforce that norm,” Milley said.If confirmed as chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Milley would not be expected to usher in any major strategic shifts for the U.S. military. His views on the threats from Russia and China are in step with Pentagon top brass and the Trump administration.As Army chief, Milley last year launched the Army’s Futures Command, which looks at ways to usher in a new generation of advanced weaponry to preserve the United States’ narrowing edge against potential adversaries like China and Russia.Another of Milley’s innovations at the Army was last year’s creation of special brigades to help advise local forces in counterinsurgency wars, including the nearly 18-year-old conflict in Afghanistan.Milley told the hearing that a premature exit from Afghanistan would be a mistake but noted “some progress” in efforts to find a negotiated settlement with the Taliban.The United States and the Taliban are getting closer to a deal that is expected to be centred on a U.S. plan to withdraw troops in exchange for a Taliban promise not to let Afghanistan be used as a base for terrorism, officials say. (Reporting by Phil Stewart and Idrees Ali; editing by Nick Zieminski and Jonathan Oatis) Related News World 10 Jul 2019 U.S. wants military coalition to safeguard waters off Iran, Yemen World 11 Jul 2019 Premature exit from Afghanistan would be ‘strategic mistake’ – U.S. generalcenter_img World 10 Jul 2019 U.S. seeks a Congress-approved deal with Iran – Hook WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump’s nominee to become his top uniformed military adviser told Congress on Thursday that he would not be “intimidated into making stupid decisions,” saying he would always give his best advice, regardless of pressure.The remarks by Army Chief of Staff General Mark Milley during a line of questioning about his ability to stand his ground in the Oval Office is likely to reassure Trump’s critics in Congress, who worry about the risk of impulsive decisions by the president on Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan and beyond.Still, Milley never referred directly to Trump nor suggested that he expected to face any such pressure when he said he would “absolutely not” allow himself to be intimidated.”I’ll give my best military advice. It will be candid. It will be honest … every single time,” Milley told the Senate Armed Service Committee during his hearing to become chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a position he would take on Oct. 1. Related Newslast_img read more

Arvind Kejriwal flags off first train under Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra

first_imgArvind Kejriwal flags off first train under Mukhyamantri Tirth YatraUnder the religious pilgrimage scheme, fully funded by the Delhi government, the train will ferry 1,000 senior citizens on the Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah Border-Anandpur Sahib tour circuit. The government will bear the entire expenditure, including travel, accommodation, meals and other arrangements.advertisement Press Trust of India New DelhiJuly 12, 2019UPDATED: July 13, 2019 00:00 IST Kejriwal and Sisodia, along with their families, will accompany pilgrims on the second trip on July 20. (Photo: ANI)Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal Friday flagged off the first train under the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra scheme from the Safdarjung railway station here.Under the religious pilgrimage scheme, fully funded by the Delhi government, the train will ferry 1,000 senior citizens on the Delhi-Amritsar-Wagah Border-Anandpur Sahib tour circuit. The government will bear the entire expenditure, including travel, accommodation, meals and other arrangements.The Mukhayamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana covers five routes of religious importance – Delhi-Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-Fatehpur Sikri-Delhi, Delhi-Haridwar-Rishikesh-Neelkanth-Delhi, Delhi-Ajmer-Pushkar-Delhi, Delhi-Amritsar-Bagha Border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi and Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu-Delhi.In his address, Kejriwal said it was the Delhi government’s vision to ensure that every senior citizen in Delhi gets an opportunity to go on at least one “tirth yatra” in their lifetime.A statement released here said a total of 1,000 senior citizens boarded the train for the first ‘tirth yatra’ and they have been booked in 17 AC coaches of the train.Two government volunteers have been stationed in every coach for any kind of support and a medical team is present on the train as well, it said.The first train will be back in Delhi on the morning of July 16. Kejriwal and Sisodia, along with their families, will accompany pilgrims on the second trip on July 20, the statement said.Also Read | Delhi CM directs officials to resolve waterlogging complaints within 30 minutesAlso Watch | School education cannot be taken over by private sector: Prof RS BawaFor the latest World Cup news, live scores and fixtures for World Cup 2019, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for World Cup news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byShifa Naseer Tags :Follow KejriwalFollow Train Nextlast_img read more